16.2.12

Preparations for Liam's 1st Birthday

You know the thing about 1st birthdays, it's such a distant milestone when you have a newborn, but after the first few months, the next 9 months seem to fly by.  Next thing you know, that 1st birthday milestone is oh so close and you don't want it to be here just yet.  You just want another few months...well that's how I felt anyway.

Don't get me wrong, Liam was not the easiest baby compared to Mitchell, but i still want to cherish the babyness (if that is even a word) of this little character.  

Anyway, so the 5th Feb 2012 came around pretty quickly and we celebrated Liam's 1st birthday with Family & Friends and a few of Mitchell's buddies.

I had already decided on a Circus theme party a few months back, after my sister in law had a Circus themed Hens Night.  I straight away got to pinning a few ideas (click on the link on the right to see my boards) and in early Jan, started on the crazy circus theme invites.  This is the final product.


Once the invites were posted, we got straight into the designing of the decorations.  Thanks to my trusty Silhouette I was able to design, print and cut 90% of the decorations needed for the party.  

Top L-R: Lolly Bags, Cupcakes & Handmade Flags
Bottom L-R: Table Tags & 0-12 month baby banner
Most of the other decorations were sourced online:
Lolly Bags: Pack It In, the bag toppers were made with the Silhouette.
Cupcake Wrappers, Paper Bunting, Paper Straws: Pink Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment