4.3.12

What I am working in right this minute

It's only a few weeks until Mitchell turns 3 and I am busy burying myself in the decorations for our "Dump Truck/Construction" theme.  It seems to be Mitchell's favourite thing at the moment - Diggers, Dump Trucks, Cranes and Bobcats!  Where ever we go in the car, we are always on the lookout for the previously mentioned items.  Even when I'm in the car all  by myself, I hear myself say "oh look, there's a BIG crane, or there's a BIG Digger".  It's a habit I can't seem to break, but I will keep it until the next favourite item replaces it.

After Liam's first birthday, I was all partied out, but Mitchell has been asking "when my happy birthday cake mum", so how could I not give the boy a "Happy Birthday cake".  A Digger cake at that... I found this on pinterest and knew this was the one.

                                                                Source: fredellicious.blogspot.com via LoveShootCreate on Pinterest


So with the cake in mind, I am now working on the decorations....  This is what I am working on right. this. minute.


Me and my trusty Silhouette.  If you haven't seen one of these machines, there are a few different versions here in Australia.  But this is by far one of the best on the market I think (but that's my opinion).  I am still getting used to all the wonderful things this machine can do, I'm sure by the time the kids are teenagers I might just have it down pat.

The items in the picture are going to be little pop up cards for the food table.  And the next item on the list will be little construction signs to hang around the table and near the cake.

Stay tuned for more sneak peeks of the party decorations in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment